How to make nasturtium pesto
- Nasturtium leaves: 150g - not the stems - save these for other recipes
- Parmesan: 150 g
- Raw Pine nuts: 150 g or opt out and use extra cheese
- Garlic: four / five cloves
- Good Quality Olive oil: approximately 200ml
- Prepare a jam jar or preserve jar.
- Wash the nasturtium leaves and pop into a blender with the pine nuts and garlic. Slowly add the olive and blend until you create a nice thick paste.
- Now slowly add in the parmesan. At this point I needed a little more oil and added pepper into the mix. I avoided using salt, just because I felt there would be quite a lot already in the cheese, but if you fancy adding a little more, now is the time to do it.
- Pour your gorgeous new pesto into your jar.
Spread on sourdough, fold into pasta or freeze into small portions for winter months.